Electrician: Iron Range
Includes the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all electrical wiring and electrical equipment used in construction; the alteration and repair of buildings, structures, bridges, street and highway work, tunnels, etc.
Applications at the following address until December 28th of each year with a $25 application fee to be paid at the time of application. Interviews are held once per year, usually in the spring.
Iron Range Electrical JATC
802 Garfield Ave., Ste. 102
Duluth, MN 55802
Program is a five- (5) year, night-school program that includes 8,000 hours of on-the-job training and 180 hours per year.
Scholarship Loan agreements are required each year.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a Certificate of Equivalency (GED)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have completed one (1) year of high school algebra with a passing grade
- Must bring copy of birth certificate
- Must provide official high school transcripts
- Must have a qualifying score on the NJATC Aptitude Test
- Must submit $25 processing fee upon application
- Must pass a color blindness test
- Must have a valid driver's license
All applicants will need to take the NJATC aptitude test, which is arranged by the apprenticeship office. Applicants will need to score a 4 or higher in order to be interviewed by the Joint Apprenticeship Committee
Those who score 4 or higher will receive notification on when and where to report for an oral interview before the Joint Apprenticeship Committee (those who score lower than 4 will be notified of their ineligibility). The committee shall interview for eligible apprentices once each year.
Electrician's knife, six-foot rule, side cutter pliers, (1) 8" screwdriver, claw hammer, channel lock or equivalent.
Worker must provide own transportation.
40% - 80% of a journeyperson's wage plus union benefits.
There is an initiation fee and monthly dues.
Electrician Local 294
503 East 16th Street
Hibbing, MN 55746