Electrician: Statewide Limited Energy Program
Install, terminate, inspect, maintain, repair, service and pulling wire for: Fire Alarm, Security, Access Control, Voice & Data, Video Surveillance, Fiber Optics, CATV, Nurse Call and Paging systems. For more detailed information regarding the "Scope of Work", please visit our website.
The LIMITED ENERGY AGREEMENT is a statewide agreement with participating locals in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Rochester, Duluth and Hibbing.
This is a three year apprenticeship program. After three years you will become a Journeyman Installer.
To be considered for the apprenticeship program, applicants must be employed by a contractor signatory to the LIMITED ENERGY AGREEMENT. The IBEW Local Union will provide you with a list of contractors.
After a probationary period of 50 working days, the contractor may recommend the applicant for apprenticeship at which time he/she must meet the following qualifications.
- Must have a high school diploma or a GED
- Must be at least 17 years old and 18 by the time of acceptance into apprenticeship
- Must have completed one (1) year of high school or post high school algebra with a passing grade
- Must provide official school transcripts and GED documentation (if applicable)
- Must have a qualifying score on the NJATC electrical industry aptitude test
- Must be physically capable of performing the work of the trade
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must complete a drug screen when directed and receive "negative" test results
All applicants will need to take the NJATC aptitude test, which is given monthly at the training facility for the apprenticeship program.
Some basic electrical tools will be needed. You will receive the tool list when you start employment and become a union member.
Worker must provide own transportation.
Forty (40) hours per week.
Installer wages start at $14.12 an hour, with a pay increase every six months. After three years you will then be at a Journeyman Installer Level. The current Journeyman Installer wage is $24.67 an hour. These wages are based on 2014. Additional cost of living increases are added every year starting July 1st. Please be sure to check our website for current updates.
You must become a union member prior to your first day of employment. When you become a union member, you will receive information regarding the initiation fee and union dues.
Statewide Limited Energy JATC
452 Northco Drive #140
Fridley, MN 55432